And I have already walked away from the microwave and returned to my seat:
5 Minute CRISPY Sweet Potato Chips
I was pretty shocked when I discovered this recipe. It’s UHMAZING.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- Sweet potato
- Salt (or any other seasoning)
- Olive oil spray can
- Use a mandolin and slice up your sweet potato (try to find one that has an even girth throughout the entire length of the potato so you have evenly sized chips)
- Cut parchment paper the size of your glass plate inside the microwave
- Lay the chips in a single layer on the parchment paper
- Lightly spray with non-stick spray and salt them
- Microwave on 100% power for 2 minutes 30 seconds (Please note: This measurement was for MY microwave, so please be aware of your own) You will know they are done when they start to lightly brown, but do not wait till they entirely brown — that would mean it burnt)
- Let the chips cool, and they will turn crispy :)
PROOF OF CRISPY-NESS (didn’t edit the video hehe)
Instead of doing work:
Sometimes we just need a friend to sit with us and say that everything is going to be OK. These kids remind us that in these moments "huggin’ it out [makes] everything better".
Just as our lives tell a story, so do the skies. These beautiful photographs by Mark Gee and Jia Hao, award winners in the astronomy Photographer of the Year 2013 Competition, remind us that even in the darkest times, there is always hope and beauty as we wait for the morning.
Sweet potato compote